We try to keep a steady rotation of weeknight dinners, so as not to get into the rut of having the same ol’ menu every time. I mean routine has its time and place, but when it comes to food I need variety.
Burgers are a favorite in our household — they’re easy to throw together, Logan loves them, and there are so many ways to customize. We recently made guacamole and had a bunch of cilantro and limes left over, so I used them to create these delicious turkey burgers. The recipe makes a bunch so there are leftovers for lunch the next day.
INGREDIENTS: (Makes 15 mini burgers — we ate 3 each for dinner)
3 pounds ground turkey
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
3 cloves garlic, grated
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon hot paprika
1 lime, juiced
Garnish: salsa and/or guacamole
1. Combine chopped cilantro and grated garlic with your turkey meat.
2. Add onion powder and hot paprika.
3. Heat skillet so you get that sizzle when you first place meat on pan.
4. Form 1/2 inch thick patties, and cook each side on low heat for about 7 minutes each or until center no longer pink.
5. Squeeze lime juice on finished burgers and garnish with salsa, guacamole, and/or cilantro. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply