America has the worst maternal mortality rates
for a wealthy country worldwide.
- America has the highest maternal mortality rate for a developed nation
- Half of pregnacy-related deaths happen AFTER birthing
- Black moms are 3-4x more likely to die due to pregnancy or childbirth complications than non-Black moms
- 1 in 5 moms struggle with a Perenatal Mood and Anxiety Disorder (PMAD)
How We’re helping:
Mommy Brain is working to create an equitable maternal health space for underserved mothers, with a focus on Black, Indigenous, and moms of color. The core focus of our initiatives and resources are: education, access, community, empathy and healing.
Our initiatives include:
- MB Doula Support Fund: providing doula care during pregnancy and childbirth, and at least two therapy sessions postpartum.
- 1 Year Mommy Brain Membership: providing continuous mental and emotional support with access to our team of therapists and parenting specialists, as well as community.
Donate Today To:
- Provide doula support during pregnancy and childbirth. (Cost is an average of $800-$2500 per mom)
- Provide therapy sessions in their postpartum. (Cost is an average of $100-$200 per session)
- Provide Mommy Brain membership. (Cost is $420/year)
How To Apply
If you are a mom currently expecting and would like to apply for financial assistance, please click the button below to fill out the application for support.
Join Our Database For Doulas, Midwives, And Therapists
We’d love to refer you to the moms we help!